June 15, 2022
We are hiring a Quality Mentoring & Capacity Building Specialist
Mentor Canada broadens and deepens access to quality mentoring for youth in Canada by amplifying a mentoring mindset from coast to coast to coast. With a mission to enable mentoring relationships that encourage young people to reach their full potential through research, network building, and knowledge exchange.
Mentor Canada provides cutting-edge resources and capacity-building services to communities and organizations that embrace mentoring as a strategy to empower individuals and help them thrive. We convene, lead and participate in gathering, connecting and mobilizing people, knowledge and resources to amplify youth mentoring in Canada.
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director, the Quality Mentoring & Capacity Building Specialist will support in leading and engaging internal and external stakeholders through the development, delivery and evaluation of key programs and resources aimed at building capacity in the Mentoring sector. This role will provide leadership and expertise in areas of quality mentoring, community engagement and resource development within the mentoring sector.
This role is primarily external stakeholder-facing and is responsible for engaging and managing relationships and capacity building portfolios. The Quality Mentoring & Capacity Building Specialist provides guidance and direction to ensure Mentor Canada is meeting diverse needs of the Mentoring Sector across Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the importance of quality mentoring with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead, manage and support program engagement in the Quality Mentoring System
- Contribute to the development and curation of content for the online Knowledge Hub, Resource Library and Quality Mentoring System.
- In collaboration with the Training Specialist develop and implement a training strategy that scales, develops and delivers training tools, learning opportunities, resources to advance evidence-informed youth mentoring practices and quality mentoring principles.
- Engage mentoring programs and initiatives to be listed on the Mentor Connector and the Quality Mentoring System.
- Lead and manage a strategy that engages and supports programs and service providers in advancing evidence-based quality improvements for mentoring programs in Canada.
- In collaboration with the Director of Research and Evaluation, support evaluation of the Quality Mentoring System and its application
Capacity Building Specialist
- Design and implement capacity building strategies based on the needs of mentoring programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement a national strategy that provides evidence-informed consultation, capacity building, technical assistance and support for service providers, stakeholders and initiatives resulting in the advancement of quality mentoring program principles and practices across the country.
- Develop and implement a tools & resource development strategy that scales and develops training tools, learning opportunities, resources to advance evidence-informed youth mentoring practices and capacity building within the sector.
- In collaboration with the Director of Research and Evaluation and the Interim Executive Director lead and manage the development and scaling of mentoring tools and resources that increase accessibility and expand the capacity of service providers and the mentoring sector in Canada.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
- At least five (5) years of proven work experience in the Mentoring Sector is preferred and/or capacity building in the social impact sector.
- Demonstrated skills in building and delivering high quality mentoring programs through integrating research to practice, including performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven experience in designing and managing capacity building programs to improve quality, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability in service delivery is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to design and delivery capacity building strategies and training based on clear needs identification and understanding of operating context
- Thrives working in a remote team-oriented environment;
- Ability to organize, plan and make decisions for the benefit of the organization;
- Skills in creating, building and maintain partnerships and relationships;
- Ability to translate research into practice and develop evidence-informed tools and resources
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can successfully prioritize, and managed a varied workload
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
Job Description & Application Process
Employment status: Full time contract position
Duration: Contract-Until March 31, 2023
Salary range: 65,000-75,000
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada offers:
- Virtual work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Travel opportunities (once travel restrictions are lifted)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada, the employer as part of the Mentor Canada coalition, is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity, and strives to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We strongly encourage people who self-identify as Indigenous, racialized, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently abled, LGBT2SQ+ or as members of other equity seeking groups to apply. If accommodation is required during the hiring process, please inform the hiring committee once selected for an interview.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Lovejeet Chohan, National Manager, Talent & Culture. The posting will be live until the position is filled or a candidate has been identified.